Strategic, Innovative and Engaging best describe LeAnn Nickelsen’s (M.Ed.) approach to bringing powerful, evidence-based tools and strategies that boost student achievement with lasting results to school districts worldwide.
As the Founder and CEO of Maximize Learning, Inc., Mrs. Nickelsen is an expert at:
- Closing Learning Gaps in Struggling Students – getting high-poverty students to grade level.
- Differentiating Instruction and Growing Literacy – to meet every students’ needs in all content areas.
- Follow-Up Coaching for Confidence and Collective Efficacy – from relationships to lesson-planning, feedback and better student learning.
As a former teacher of the year and 20+ year Jensen-certified brain research trainer, LeAnn’s enthusiastic energy, practical ideas, engaging processing opportunities, and use of the latest research have made her a popular presenter at the local, state, national, and international level.
The author of over 14 practical books including Deeper Learning: 7 Powerful Strategies for In-Depth and Longer-Lasting Learning (co-authored with Eric Jensen), she presents a wealth of information to School Districts in an active, fun format, using targeted, practical examples.
Having worked with and received rave reviews from both teachers as well as leadership in over 450-schools in over 40-states, LeAnn is an expert coach helping teachers incorporate best practices into their daily lesson plans and within their classrooms.
LeAnn’s qualifications will confirm:
- Certified Brain Research Trainer since 1995 (Jensen Learning®)
- Masters in Educational Administration, University of North Texas
- National presenter, Staff Development for Educators, on topics such as researching and teaching students in poverty, brain research, differentiation, and literacy.
- Teacher of the Year, Grapevine-Colleyville, Texas
- Published Author and Co-Author of 14 Books on Educational Research & Best Practices.